November 1, 2018: Place Your Thanksgiving Order Now
Plan Ahead for the Holidays!
Hello Friends of the Marketplace!
Now that Halloween is behind us, and we have celebrated our beloved World Series Champions; The Boston Red Sox, it's time to get down to business. Many of you have been asking what we are cooking up for Thanksgiving. After careful consideration, Chef Nick has put the official 2018 Ed Hyder's Thanksgiving Menu together. We want you to have the easiest (and tastiest) holiday, so you can enjoy more time with your guests. We ask that you look over our menu, and get back to us by Thursday, November 15th with your order. View our menu by clicking here. We are offering roasts, platters, side dishes, and even something for the sweet tooth.
Which wines do I serve with Thanksgiving Dinner?
Hosting, and need a hand choosing wines for your table? Going somewhere for the holiday and want to bring the appropriate wine to pair with dinner? Lucky for you, Wine Manager, Justus Wagner has pulled 5 favorites that will go best with your meal. From left to right:
- The Curator White Blend is from one of the best organic producers in South Africa, and it goes great with chicken and turkey!
- D. Seguinot is a small producer in Chablis France, making amazing Chardonnay. It's crisp and refreshing, perfect for fish and poultry.
- The Cascina Ballarin, Cino Blend is from a small farm northern Italy. A blend of the local grapes Nebbiolo, Barbera, and Dolcetto, this wine has lots of red fruit flavors which make it perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Being made in Portugal, the Rebelde Red Blend is one of the best under $10 bottles of wine out there. It's dark, rich, and will go beautifully with red meats like lamb and beef.
- Ellipsis is a small winery in Sonoma California run by a wife-and-husband team who grew up in the area. Their Petite Sirah is incredibly powerful, with lots of blueberry and blackberry flavors. This is a fun, unique option for pairing with lamb.
Fall Cooking Inspiration
This is the time of year that you just want to stay in, get cozy, and cook a hearty meal. Have you tried Rustichella pastas from Italy? What sets them apart from most pastas, is that it is made with the highest quality grains, and pure spring water, before slowly air drying, which holds more nutrients. Our customers love using the "Radiatori" cut for Mac and Cheese.
We recommend pairing their pastas with one of our many flavors of sauces from "Michael's of Brooklyn." Ask our staff where you can find these items. Great Holiday gift ideas!