This week at the Marketplace - Chef Nick's Creations... Joey's Vacation...Greg's Cheese Station
Ed here with more news from the Mediterranean.WHEW! Well, we made it through the Easter/Passover week nearly unscathed...if you don't count lack of sleep as a problem. But the upside is that many of you made selections from our Holiday Menu and then came back to tell us how much you liked everything. So we decided to make our specialty roasts and entrees available (with two days notice) on a continuing basis.
What's for dinner?
Chef Nick has been BUSY recently. (Honestly, I don't think I ever see him sitting down.) So now we have four of his new items featured in our deli case:
- Lebanese style Lamb Meatballs with Halloumi Cheese
- Citrus and Aleppo Pepper flavored Pork skewers
- Sriracha, Ginger, and Lime flavored Pork skewers, And
- Sweet Ancho and Cumin flavored Chicken Kabobs with Poblano Peppers
YUM! I can't wait 'til the weekend (because I get to take home whatever is left over - although, with these great tasting products, leftovers are pretty rare.)
Joe is on the road. Wine manager Joe Hersh is visiting a friend in Shanghai, China. Since the commute is kind of long, Joe won't be doing this week's tasting. However, in his place, we are happy to announce that we will be visited by Heather Christensen, owner of Gilbert Distributors. Heather's company specializes in small production wines from Southern California and across the world. This Saturday (4/29, from Noon - 3PM) Heather will be presenting two Chilean wines, a Rose, and a domestic White and Red.
Cheesemeister Greg has sourced three New England cheeses this week:
- From Twig Farm in Cornwall, Vt. comes Crawford cheese. Made with milk from Ayreshire cows, Crawford has a nice milky flavor with grass and earth tones and a slight tanginess.
- From Lazy Lady Farm in Westfield, Vt. comes Les Pyramids - a lactic goat cheese with a sweet, nutty flavor. - Great before dinner with a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- Also from Lazy Lady - Sweet Emotions, a 4 oz. mixed milk cheese with a bloomy rind and a soft, almost gooey texture.Described in Esquire Magazine as, "A small disc of absolutely sinful cheese, with an interior texture that smacks of mousse-like buttery silk."